lovely little things: photographs. thoughts. links.
~ thoughts ~
– Though I adore photography not until this past weekend did I – tentatively – attempt to shoot human beings… my younger brothers, in this particular case. The subject has long intimidated me – after all, people are not quite as simple to ‘capture’ as a stunning sunset, or perhaps a sugary muffin, even a lovely landscape. Despite this, I am so, so eager to develop decent skills regarding this form of art, and had. a. blast. photographing Jake and Jack on an especially brisk Sunday afternoon, at a nearly deserted local beach. Obviously, I am in need of significant practice… hopefully you’ll enjoy the shots, in spite of this.
– I would like to take a brief moment to thank all those who recently ‘liked’ Munchin’ Mel’s official Facebook page. It means so, so much to me!
– I can scarcely believe that Halloween is almost upon us. Honestly, it is not a holiday I particularly love… though the candy certainly makes up for the ‘scary’ factor I loathe. Candy corn and 3 Musketeers chocolate bars are my personal favorites, but I prefer candy canes over both. My countdown to Christmas has definitely begun – just a mere 56 days to go!
– Lately, oatmeal has been my breakfast of choice. I tend to opt for the traditional maple and brown sugar, but recently sampled an apple cinnamon flavor, and may just try bananas and cream sometime over the course of this coming week. Pumpkin spice sounds rather delicious, as well… it’s the little things that make my day!
~ links ~
– Sarah’s beautiful photography.
– Do you yet follow me on Instagram?
– These cookies… utterly amazing.
Thanks for reading!