~ thoughts ~

• I photographed the shots above while wandering about New York City‘s Union Square Greenmarket this past October. Though I was initially dissatisfied with the images, I ultimately chose to share them here, on Lace & Lilacs… oh, those plums! Those tomatoes!
  • I spent the majority of yesterday afternoon crafting away… I decided to handmake my fourth-grade brother’s Valentines this year, you see. They may be featured here sometime in the near-future. (Hurrah!)
  • Several days ago, while aimlessly roaming the aisles of Michaels, I came across the sweetest miniature cookie cutters… perhaps I’ll put them to use later on this month? I’ve also been meaning to experiment a bit with yeast (brioche dough, to be specific), though the very thought of doing so terrifies me. Baking over the course of the next few weeks will certainly be interesting, to say the least.
  • Wishing you all a happy February! Now… it’s link-love time.

~ links ~

Hearts!

– Abby

{ 8 Responses to “ }lovely little things: photographs. thoughts. links. (featuring the Union Square Greenmarket)”

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — February 2, 2015 at 12:32 pm

ahhhhh the union sq market….so pretty and fun!

• Abby — February 2nd, 2015 @ 3:03 pm

Thanks, Kayle! 🙂

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — February 2, 2015 at 4:35 pm

There’s nothing better than open air market shopping – gorgeous photos!

• Abby — February 3rd, 2015 @ 7:04 am

Thanks, Laura! I love shopping at farmer’s markets… the produce is so fresh, and the atmosphere is just lovely 🙂

Clair Pyle — February 3, 2015 at 11:11 pm

I love your images of Greenmarket. The photos of ordinary NY people and what you eat everyday are so interesting. Some of the veg is unfamiliar – wish I could taste them.
    Don’t be afraid of yeast, Abbey. If you can bake (which you clearly can) you can bake bread! Enjoy the brioche. Yum!

• Abby — February 4th, 2015 @ 7:51 am

Thanks so much, Clair! The veggies there are so beautiful, aren’t they? I think I managed to capture plums, brussels sprouts, and some fancy looking tomatoes in the shots. 🙂
      And thank you for your kind words about yeast baking… I’ve been intimidated for a while now, after one bad experience a couple of years back. I think I’m ready to try again though. Yay!! 🙂

Bec {Daisy and the Fox} — February 10, 2015 at 7:31 pm

wow! your photos are so beautiful!
    you’ve really captured it all so well 🙂 and love the editing too!
    I sooo wanna go to this market now 😀

Bec {Daisy and the Fox}

• Abby — February 11th, 2015 @ 7:27 am

Thanks soo much, Bec!! I just adore this market… I hope you get to go someday (and I hope I get to go again!) <3 🙂