Paris, France (my first visit: autumn 2014)
Paris is perfection.
Complete, utter, & total perfection.
Goodness, how I
love adore this charming, picturesque city.
Ah, now… on the time I spent here this past November (the first visit of many, I am sure):
I suppose I ought to begin by explaining exactly how my father and I ended up in this lovely French city, as it certainly wasn’t a stop we had anticipated taking in the months prior to our journey.
Dad had meetings with customers of his in both Italy & the Netherlands… several days apart. He suggested that, during that free time, we take an inexpensive flight to a place that neither of us had been before, and I (of course!) agreed. Initially we were both hoping to spend a bit of time in Copenhagen, but no flights were available. Paris, however, popped up onto his laptop screen, with a reasonable rate from Sicily. Though my father had been there once before, for a business meeting years ago, he hadn’t truly had a chance to see all the sights that Paris has to offer.
And, just like that, it was decided. And I was not nearly as excited as I should have been… that’s for sure.
We arrived rather late in the evening, around November 16th or 17th… merely days before my seventeenth birthday. As dad and I were both exhausted, we immediately headed for our hotel (which took ages… the airport traffic was horrendous), dropped our luggage, and fell asleep.
The following two days are ones I will never forget.
Where to Go & What to See in Paris, France
- The Eiffel Tower – Simply stunning. And with the vibrant autumn leaves surrounding this remarkable structure… love.
- The Louvre – I adore this incredible museum. I may even prefer it over the Rijksmuseum… truly!
- Notre Dame de Paris – This cathedral! It is so beautiful.
- Champs-Élysées – I have major heart-eyes for this place. Go shopping!
- Sacré-Cœur, Paris – More loveliness.
- Arc de Triomphe – And even more loveliness. (Ah, isn’t everything Paris lovely?)
- Jardin du Luxembourg (Luxembourg Garden) – We happened upon this garden completely by chance… though both my father and I had heard of the spot, we hadn’t actually intended to visit it during our short stay. But as we walked along… it appeared. And I am so very glad for that.
- Montmartre – My absolute favorite destination in the city. It is a glorious place.
Oh, I have so much to tell you, still… More on France to come soon!