30 Books to Read This Summer
Happy, Happy Monday, Everyone!
This morning I have a little list of summer reads for you all. These novels are absolute favorites of mine… I hope you discover a new book to ♥.
For Classic Lovers
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
- The Pearl by John Steinbeck
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
For YA Lovers
- The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
- Matched by Ally Condie
- The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- I Was Here by Gayle Forman
For Fiction Lovers
- Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
- A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
- Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery
- The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
- Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
- Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
- No More Dead Dogs by Gordon Korman
- Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
- The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
Memoirs & More (Nonfiction)
- A Three Dog Life by Abigail Thomas
- The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
xoxo! I’ll be back with a new post soon.
I’m a big YA fan and I love John Green and Jenny Han! I’ve tried reading Sarah Dessen in Swedish but didn’t like really like her, maybe I should try reading it in english 🙂 Thanks for the great list Abby!
Hahah, thanks, Thea! I’m obsessed with YA, and John Green and Jenny Han are two of my fave authors. I’m so impressed that you can read two languages – I wish I could! And I actually listened to Along For the Ride by Sarah Dessen on audio book because I found it too slow to actually read – but it ended up being so good that I read The Truth About Forever (not audio book haha). Definitely give her a try. 😀 And Kiera Cass is worth checking out as well! (sorry… I’m a book nerd. And will shut up now.)
Oh you’re inspiring me to pick up a classic or two. Now that there’s no accompanying essay, perhaps I will have a greater appreciation for them ;).
Thanks for the comment, Laura! I love classics – the writing in them is always so inspiring & lovely. xx
Fangirl and To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before have been on my TBR for so long! I haven’t read or watched Gone Girl yet, so that’s on my list too. Currently I’m reading some Sherlock Holmes 🙂 -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s
Ooh, I love Sherlock Holmes! And Fangirl and To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before are so good, as is Gone Girl. You should definitely read them this summer! <3
Must read these books, So interesting!