Oh-Em-Gee, You Guys. It’s finally Popsicle Week, and I cannot contain my excitement.

Though I could explain what Popsicle Week is, exactly, to those of you who have been living under a rock for the past couple of years… I’d much rather describe this breakthrough recipe in great (unnecessary) detail. So, hop on over to Billy’s site if you’re curious about the whole shebang!

Now. Onto the ‘Sumbitches’.

First of all, I would like to sincerely apologize for the not-so-nice word in this post… you know what I mean. I typically refrain from swearing, both on Lace & Lilacs and in everyday life. These popsicles, however, are worth making an exception for. You see, it all began with an episode of How I Met Your Mother – Season 9, Episode 1, to be precise. Billy had recently set the Popsicle Week 2015 plans into motion, and at the time I was nearing the end of HIMYM (an amazing show with a majorly disappointing finale, just sayin’). When Tracy (The Mother) offered Lily a container of her delicious ‘Sumbitches’ cookies, I knew immediately that I just had to recreate them in popsicle form. For the clueless folk out there, here’s the clip:

So, as Lily herself said in the scene where she meets The Mother… ‘Sumbitches’ consist of chocolate, peanut butter, and caramel. A rather odd combination… but after giving it a moment of thought, it kinda sounds just wonderful, no? And so, I set out to create the perfect Tracy & Lily approved popsicle. I think they would be proud.

Each layer comes together in mere minutes, and they’ll set in any order… the ones pictured are peanut butter/chocolate/caramel. Hurrah!

Umm, why are you still here? Go get your Sumbitches started!

Print Print Recipe

'How I Met Your Mother'-Inspired 'Sumbitches' Popsicles (Chocolate + Peanut Butter + Caramel)

A Sweet Treat Inspired by How I Met Your Mother

Yield: A Lot of Popsicles (Depending on the Size of Your Molds)

Prep Time: 20 Minutes

For the Caramel Layer

2 Cups Plain or Vanilla 2% Greek Yogurt

1/4 Cup Caramel Sauce

1/8 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

{ directions }

For the Chocolate Layer

1) Combine the sugar, flour, and cocoa powder in a large saucepan. Gradually stir the milk into the dry mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; then remove from heat and set aside. Allow it to cool.

For the Peanut Butter Layer

1) Combine all of the peanut butter layer ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set the mixture aside.

For the Caramel Layer

1) In a small bowl, stir together the caramel layer ingredients. Set aside.

Assembling the Popsicles

1) Carefully spoon a little of each separate mixture into your popsicle molds. Whichever order of flavors you prefer is fine. I did a few peanut butter/chocolate/caramel, and a few caramel/chocolate/peanut butter.

2) Place the filled molds in the freezer, and wait at least six hours (overnight is recommended) before devouring.

Enjoy!

Chocolate Layer Adapted From Taste of Home; Peanut Butter Layer Adapted From Super Healthy Kids; Caramel Layer Adapted From Pink Patisserie

xoxo! I’ll be back soon,

Abby ♥

About Abby Ingwersen

Abby Ingwersen is the 19 year old founder, primary author, and aspiring photographer behind the lifestyle blog Lace & Lilacs. She is passionate about sharing bits and pieces of her life here, and enjoys travel, Pinterest-ing, and thrifting for vintage treasures.

{ 16 Responses to “ }‘How I Met Your Mother’-Inspired ‘Sumbitches’: Chocolate, Peanut Butter, & Caramel Popsicles”

Michelle @ Hummingbird High — July 14, 2015 at 10:57 am

These popsicles are so pretty! I love how dramatic they look, and the contrast they make against the blue and white plates. They sound incredibly tasty too!

• Abby Ingwersen — July 14th, 2015 @ 7:36 pm

Thank you so much, Michelle! xoxo <3

Katie @ Butterlust — July 14, 2015 at 11:05 am

Abby, these popsicles! Chocolate + caramel + peanut butter could NEVER be a bad thing! And Sumbitches might be the most fitting title ever because I want sumbitches in my mouth, right now!

• Abby Ingwersen — July 14th, 2015 @ 7:36 pm

Hahah thanks SO much, Katie! xoxo

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — July 14, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Oh these pops look divine, love the layers! Especially the caramel ;).

erin — July 15, 2015 at 1:12 am

I love HIMYM so so much! These pops look so fab. Peanut/chocolate/caramel is tha best combo evahhhh!

• Abby Ingwersen — July 15th, 2015 @ 6:01 pm

Ahhh isn’t HIMYM amazing?! And yep, I’ve always been big choc+pb fan, but was doubtful about throwing caramel in there… ummm, shouldn’t have been! It’s fab.

Nicole — July 15, 2015 at 7:22 am

Ha! I only caught episodes here and there, but that cookie IS a great idea for popsicles. They look so creamy and delicious! And who can resist pretty layered pops??!

• Abby Ingwersen — July 15th, 2015 @ 6:01 pm

Ooh, right?! Aren’t layered pops the prettiest! And you absolutely must watch at least a few more episodes… 🙂

Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's — July 15, 2015 at 8:56 am

Chocolate, peanut butter, and caramel doesn’t sound odd at all! They sound perfect! Usually I like ice-cream more than popsicles because I prefer the rich, creamy texture more, but this popsicle is the best of both worlds 🙂 Thanks for the recipe! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

• Abby Ingwersen — July 15th, 2015 @ 6:03 pm

Okay, confession: I HATE popsicles. The texture, the icky wooden stick, gah… but I gave these ago because the flavor combo intrigued me. Oh, and I really wanted to work a HIMYM reference into a post, sooo…

Anyways, they’re amazing. Creamy like ice cream, but portable in popsicle form! <3

Becca | Spices and Spatulas — July 16, 2015 at 5:27 am

HIMYM is my all-time favorite! Just seeing the title made me smile. I’m definitely going to make theses popsicles asap 🙂

• Abby Ingwersen — July 16th, 2015 @ 12:25 pm

Thanks, Becca! Hope you heart ’em! <3

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — July 17, 2015 at 8:03 am

I love you. I 100% agree about HIMYM (oh hey let’s have an entire series leading up to meeting the mother, and we meet her, and she’s amazing. Let’s also spend that entire series showing how wrong ted and robin are for each other. And also letting barney and robin grow enough that they end up married. but oh actually just kidding THE MOTHER DIES, ROBIN AND BARNEY BREAK UP AND GO BACK TO THEIR OLD WAYS AFTER 5 SECONDS, AND ACTUALLY NO NO ROBIN WAS THE ONE TED WANTED ALL ALONG. THE END)

anyway.

sumbitches! so yummy! and I love that you made them into popsicle form! pinningggg

• Abby Ingwersen — July 17th, 2015 @ 10:38 am

OH MY GOD, RIGHT, KAYLE?!?! I AM STILL NOT. OVER. IT.
      At least the show gave us these sumbitches…? <3