Colmar, France I & Resolutions for 2016

Happy 2016, Lovelies!

Before sharing my resolutions for the (sure to-be utterly wonderful) new year, I’d like to take a moment to thank you (yes, YOU) for following along on Lace & Lilacs. Your sweet comments, e-mails, and overall kindness mean the world to me. ♥

Now, this post is not a guide to Colmar… that will be posted in the near future. I shot the above photographs while there this past weekend, and have oh-so many to share that I thought I’d include a few in this ‘lil post. I hope you heart them!

Okay, okay. My Goals Are…

• To improve my French. I’m hoping to participate in an immersion course outside of Paris; we shall see…
  • To earn how to use the old-fashioned film cameras my (incredible) parents gave me for Christmas.
  • To improve my photography, both digital and film, in general.
  • To blog often. Of course. ♥
  • To do well in school.
  • To read a lot of books. And watch a lot of TV, because… balance. 😉
  • To stay true to myself. Some of my friends may be extroverts, and that’s okay. But if I’d rather be at home with tea & a novel than out with them, it’s completely alright. Again with the balance.
  • To journal daily.
  • To choose to be happy. To choose to be positive. To not let the negative attitudes of others affect (effect?) me. Easier said than done, I know…

I think that is about it for today. I’ll be back soon.

xx Abby

{ 10 Responses to “ }Colmar, France I & Resolutions for 2016”

Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's — January 1, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Happy New Year! Excited to see your guide to Colmar 🙂 May 2016 be awesome and fulfilling, and may the pursuit of your resolutions bring you to fabulous places! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

• Abby Ingwersen — January 5th, 2016 @ 12:18 pm

Thanks, Audrey! Happy 2016 to you tooo! <3

Alyssa J Freitas — January 2, 2016 at 12:34 am

I feel so strongly about journaling everyday! I just went out and got a new journal for 2016, which is something I don’t normally do. Usually I only start a new journal once I’ve completed an old one, but this year needed a fresh start. I hope you’re able to keep that resolution because it really is the best!

• Abby Ingwersen — January 5th, 2016 @ 12:21 pm

Isn’t journaling the absolute best?! I’ve found that an ordinary notebook doesn’t quite work for me, though – as much as I’d love to be the kind of person that can sit down and write pages each day, I just can’t seem to keep up with that sort of thing. I’ve actually been keeping 2 ‘mini’ journals for a while though, the Q&A a day (where you answer 365 questions a year for five years in a row) and a more free ‘line a day’ journal… I always write 3-4 lines, but there’s limited space so I don’t feel pressured to write down every little moment.

Anyways! Happy 2016 to you, Alyssa! Looking forward to seeing what you share on your blog this year. xx

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — January 4, 2016 at 12:57 am

Colmar looks like a dream and makes me long for a European Christmas! 🙂 Wishing you a wonderful 2016 filled with fabulous adventures! xo

• Abby Ingwersen — January 5th, 2016 @ 12:23 pm

Thank you so much, Laura! XO

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — January 5, 2016 at 2:07 am

I ADORE your resolutions (esp. to stay true to yourself <3)

• Abby Ingwersen — January 5th, 2016 @ 12:23 pm

Aww, thanks, Kayle! XO

Ron (Nearby Wanderer) — May 2, 2016 at 5:59 am

Good luck with your resolutions. Have you been making progress?

I told myself that I must improve my French. I have a couple of friends from France but I bet it’s nothing like practicing with the locals in Paris. I try to learn new French vocabulary everyday, use Duolingo, construct sentences in my notebook, saying my thoughts out loud in French, and watch lessons on YouTube. I wish I could actually converse with French speaking folks.

And of course, yes to being happy and staying positive!

– Ron

• Abby Ingwersen — May 3rd, 2016 @ 5:39 pm

Hi Ron! I have been making some progress, yes, though not as much as I’d like to… I’ll be practicing more over the summer and taking a French class next semester. Being completely immersed in French is the absolute best way to learn it, and interacting with Parisians, though sometimes intimidating, is oh-so helpful, fascinating, and fun.

I hope you’re having a lovely year!