lovely little things: photographs. thoughts. links.
♥ thoughts ♥
- Happy, happy Sunday, lovelies! Quite some time has passed since I last composed a ‘lovely little things: photographs. thoughts. links.’ post… but today this issue has been remedied (obviously 😉 ), as I had a bit of spare time and was somewhat in the mood to write. ‘Somewhat’ rather than ‘totally’ because I spent a while this morning completing an essay… oof. Not my favorite.
- Now, let’s chat about the above images, yes? I styled and shot the analog photographs for an ‘animal’-themed school project. I was aiming for a vintage-esque, antique-ish sort of mood. Hopefully I succeeded?
- A little ‘life lately’ update: The spring semester of my first year at university finishes in a mere month and a half (give or take a few days). I can scarcely believe it. At the moment I’m working on various projects, and have absolutely everything under control – a great relief -, but I can’t help but daydream about what summer may hold… I cannot. wait. to travel and take heaps and heaps of photographs. And I’ll be back in Paris in the autumn! More news to come… xoxo
♥ links ♥
- This pear pie is completely stunning. Obsessed!
- I really ought to go 60 days without shopping.
- Your blog is important. Fact.
- This post made me joyful. 🙂
- Lucy-Claire made a cute ‘lil video. I just adore it.
- Simple tricks to make your clothing last longer. A must-read.
Sending Hearts! I’ll be back soon.
Rakel ♥ http://www.alovelystyle.com
Thank you, Rakel! <3
I actually don’t go shopping very much! What I do have a problem with is spending too much money on food 😛 // Love the article about why your blog is important! // yesss that video–Lucy-Claire <3 // I've been throwing out worn out pants. I will be keeping these tips about making clothing last longer 🙂 -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s
Gah, I’m guilty of spending far too much while food shopping, too. Yikesss. // Isn’t that article fantastic?! I certainly won’t be ditching the blog anytime soon. 🙂 // And as for the clothing tips – they’re just fantastic. The one about tights?? I’ll have to give it a try when I next have the chance.
Thanks for the comment, Audrey! Hope you’re having a lovely Monday. <3 xx
Hey there! At first I really want to say how much I loe the pictures. They have something artistic but also mysertious about them, I really like that.
But I don’t know whether I am stupid, blind or maybe both. I just found your blog and fell immediately in love but is there anyway I can follow your blog via Bloglovin’? I only found your newsletter and to be honest, I don’t read E-Mails a lot, so yeah. – Love, Tina. http://theabsurdwonderland.blogspot.de/
Hi Tina! Thank you so much for your kind words. You can follow my blog via Bloglovin’ here: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/lace-lilacs-6245001 🙂
Oh my goodness. Your. photos. are. always. a. dream. I can’t help but fall in love with the atmosphere you create EVERY TIME. I am so ready for summer. Writing boring essays has taken its toll and I cannot wait to have some free time to write more of what I desire. It was lovely reading this little piece, as always. xx Laura | http://lauralucyf.blogspot.com/
Awww, thank you so, so much, Laura! You are the absolute sweetest. And we’re nearly there! Summer awaits! XOXO
So mystic and lovely photos <3
Thank you, Michaela! xx
Hey! This is my first time stopping by your blog! I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!
Your photos are beautiful. They really took me into a different world for a moment there, it felt mysterious – I think I very quickly created a story in my mind where this scene was an abandoned party from long ago. Perhaps the party suddenly ended and the apartment had been shut up and only just discovered again. It absolutely sucked me in! Thank you for sharing.
One of the links you shared – 60 days without shopping – I love this concept. I feel like it links really closely with capsule wardrobing which is something I really want to commit to. To be honest I have no idea what’s stopping me! Are you into capsule wardrobes?
Hi Sam! So lovely to meet you. <3
And thank you x 1000 for your kind comment. You made my day!
And noo, I haven't actually heard of capsule wardrobes. Enlighten me?
I love the vintage feel of these photos! Can’t wait to hear where you’ll be traveling this summer…I’m already so excited for you :).
Thank you so much, Laura… I can’t wait to share! XOXO
So lovely to meet you too!
WELL! I am so excited to be the one to introduce you to the capsule wardrobe! The basic idea is to reduce the amount of un-used clothes in your wardrobe, reduce the “I have nothing to wear” angst because we actually have too much choice and reduce the amount of wasted money we spend on clothes!
You put together a capsule for each season (so you re-do this every three months) and each capsule contains only 37 items (not including pyjamas, exercise gear, underwear etc) and that’s all you wear for three months. You can make up that 37 piece capsule using things you already own or you can buy a few seasonal pieces to fill any gaps. The main aim is that everything follows a colour palette and you can mix and match things to work in multiple ways.
I found a blog that talks about the capsule wardrobe beautifully, so if you are interested check out: http://www.un-fancy.com/ – I seriously love this girl’s stuff.
Let me know what you think! I would love to hear your thoughts!
Um, I adore the sound of this, Sam! I’m going to look into it further and start thinking about how I’ll put my four seasonal wardrobes together this summer. Thank you soo much for the inspiration, lovely! <3