Two Days in London, England

London

because harry potter has led me to some pretty, fairly, kinda fantastic places throughout the course of my life…

(…thank goodness my parents support this obsession of mine 😉 )

So! So! I spent two full days in London this past June… as you may already know, the trip itself was inspired by my impulsive purchase of tickets to Harry Potter & The Cursed Childwhich I (of course) snatched up the moment they became available for sale sometime during October 2015. Worth. Every. Penny.

My father and I wandered ’round this beautiful city for hours upon hours the day following our arrival. The Tower of London (where I passed for 15 and scored a cheaper ticket…?), Tower Bridge, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye, Hyde Park, etc., etc. Day two was, unfortunately, quite drizzly, windy, and wet, which resulted in a far less fun and hardly productive day… though we did manage to stroll through Notting Hill and its Portobello Market prior to sheltering ourselves from the disappointing weather. Both evenings were Harry Potter play evenings in London’s West End and each could not have been more perfect. Harry Potter is always worth it. Always.

Tuesday I wore the adorable Mod Dolly smock dress visible in the images of moi above… yes, ’tis in an acorn print! The cuteness!

I suppose that is all for now… Analog images from my all-too-brief stay in England are soon to come. (As well as many more shots from my time at home in California and my mini-trip to Dublin, Ireland. Oh, and more on Toulouse, eventually, of course! So much to share, so little time…)

xoxo,

Abby

♥ ♥ ♥

PS: apologies for any obvious imperfections in the photographs featured within this post. I lost my reading/computer glasses. Editing without them is quite, quite difficult. So, yes.

About Abby Ingwersen

Abby Ingwersen is the 19 year old founder, primary author, and aspiring photographer behind the lifestyle blog Lace & Lilacs. She is passionate about sharing bits and pieces of her life here, and enjoys travel, Pinterest-ing, and thrifting for vintage treasures.

{ 20 Responses to “ }Two Days in London, England”

Ron | Nearby Wanderer — July 17, 2016 at 3:27 am

Wow, Abby!

These photos are amazing. It just makes me so excited for the short European Trip that we will go on next year! Absolutely fantastic photos. I hope you and your father had a great time.

Also, I would love to see “Harry Potter & The Cursed Child” if given the chance. I am a big fan of the books and movies (except for The Prisoner of Azkaban movie; don’t know why). I hope you’re well!

Ron | Nearby Wanderer

Michelle @ Hummingbird High — July 17, 2016 at 4:55 am

yay! i love london. your photos are gorge.

and i can’t believe you saw the cursed child. omg so jealous. i’m currently re-reading the entire series in anticipation of the cursed child script coming out, ahh!

• Abby Ingwersen — July 22nd, 2016 @ 9:53 am

Aww, thanks, Michelle! And OMG the play is SO, SO, SO GOOD. MAJOR PLOTS TWISTS GALOORREE. After you read the script tell me what you think… like I need a sequel to this sequel already. XOXO

Léa — July 17, 2016 at 9:48 am

I miss London so much! These photos are gorgeous as usual xx

• Abby Ingwersen — July 22nd, 2016 @ 9:53 am

Oh, thanks so much, Léa! <3

sarah — July 17, 2016 at 11:01 am

how lucky you are! and these photos are beautiful.

• Abby Ingwersen — July 22nd, 2016 @ 9:53 am

Thank you, Sarah! <3 xx

Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's — July 18, 2016 at 12:07 pm

omg yes HP is always a good idea! I wish I could have been there too! I’m so glad you had a great time there (: // Especially loving that third photo! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

• Abby Ingwersen — July 22nd, 2016 @ 9:54 am

Ohhh, I wish you could’ve been there…I actually even had extra tickets (which I managed to sell before the show), but would have happily given you one had you been around! And thank youuu! <3 xx

Olivia — July 19, 2016 at 3:20 pm

London looks amazingly beautiful through your lens! Harry Potter keeps bringing us to magic places *^*
    How was The Cursed Child?? I am so curious to see it! I hope they bring it to the rest of Europe too!

memoleaf – blog

• Abby Ingwersen — July 22nd, 2016 @ 9:55 am

There’s nothing more magical than Harry Potter… and London + HP is the absolute best haha.
      Okay, and OMG it was INCREDIBLE. SOOO many plot twists and secrets and shockers. You will LOVE it! I’m hoping that it eventually makes it to Broadway and then (maybe) a movie. I guess we’ll seeee. <3

Laura | Tutti Dolci — July 19, 2016 at 11:18 pm

Just beautiful, London looks incredible!

Cara — July 21, 2016 at 2:30 am

I’m from near London so these photos feel like coming home haha <3 gorgeous pictures, I hope you had a magical time! x

• Abby Ingwersen — July 22nd, 2016 @ 9:56 am

Oh, thank you, Cara! You are so lucky to be from such a gorgeous place. XO

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — July 24, 2016 at 7:21 pm

omigosh. you have the best life. seriously.

• Abby Ingwersen — July 29th, 2016 @ 3:07 pm

Lololol I WISH! Love ya, girl. XO

Sherita @ Vodka + Cupcakes — July 28, 2016 at 11:41 pm

First, so glad I found your blog! Second, you have amazing photos and love love this post! I’m visiting London this Fall and officially excited to check out some of these gems! 🙂

• Abby Ingwersen — July 29th, 2016 @ 3:08 pm

Thank you so much, Sherita! You’re going to have the most AMAZING time in London, I just know it. xx