Portraits of Nora

happy, happy friday!

Hi-hi to you all! Ça va ?

This past week (midterm week, oof) flew by in the blink of an eye (ooh, that rhymed!). The vast majority of my projects, presentations, and assignments went quite, quite well, if I do say so myself. And now! Onto the second half of the fall semester. There are heaps of photographs to shoot, rolls of film to develop, negatives to print, and digital files to print (gots to love balancing analog and digital… :/ ), still – but it is all so, so fun. Truly. I couldn’t have selected a better major and career path.

Anyways! The images above are from a photo session I shot of Nora, a friend of mine, several weeks ago. I am continuing to develop my female portraits project et voila. A second addition to my series. Thus far I have photographed four very different, very beautiful friends. My body of work is growing fairly rapidly and evolving somewhat… according to my professors, I need to perhaps explore more unexpected, interesting, conceptual portraiture. We’ll see. I believe simplicity in artwork of any medium is pure and honest and these are elements I would like to contribute to the world, because isn’t there enough bullshit out there already? Experimenting can be beneficial, of course. And I am pushing myself each and every day to improve both myself and my art. I just usually prefer that my work evolve naturally – and change it always, always does, whether I am making a conscious effort or not. But enough of my rambling. Bon week-end to everyone!

A few little links I love:

That’s all for this evening. Sending hearts!

xoxo,

Abby

♥ ♥ ♥

{ 10 Responses to “ }Portraits of Nora”

Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's — October 21, 2016 at 11:19 pm

These photos are so sweet! Especially love the close ups on the face with the leaves 🙂 // Rifle Paper Co always has the prettiest stationary! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

• Abby Ingwersen — October 29th, 2016 @ 3:54 pm

Thanks, Audrey! And right, Rifle Paper Co is LIFE. I wish I could have everything haha. XO!

Laura | Tutti Dolci — October 22, 2016 at 4:28 am

Just gorgeous, Abby! I really enjoy this series and those pops of pink and rose are so pretty!

• Abby Ingwersen — October 29th, 2016 @ 3:54 pm

Aww, thanks, Laura! xo

erin — October 23, 2016 at 12:14 pm

If I ever wanted anyone to take photos of me, it’d be you. These are amazing 🙂

erin | try it yourself…

• Abby Ingwersen — October 29th, 2016 @ 3:54 pm

Oh, Erin. This comment just made my day. XOXO <3

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — October 25, 2016 at 3:03 am

The portraits are so fun! I love the one of her sitting with the lollipop making the funny little face-so cute!

• Abby Ingwersen — October 29th, 2016 @ 3:55 pm

Haha, thanks, Kayle! xx

cleo greene — May 20, 2017 at 7:09 pm

This design is steller! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

Patty — May 25, 2018 at 5:04 am

Can I simply say what a comfort to find someone who truly knows
    what they’re talking about on the web. You certainly know how to bring an issue to light and
    make it important. A lot more people really need to look at this and understand this side of the
    story. It’s surprising you’re not more popular given that
    you definitely have the gift.