this is basically a post about nothing but, i mean, you can read it if you want.
This post is brought to you by… jetlag!!! My very favorite thing!!! Or… not. Whatever.
Jesus, I must be exhausted, cuz it just took me about ten literal minutes to craft those four opening sentences. And um, technically only two of them are, like, legit sentences. Fairly certain that slapping a period on the end of ‘whatever’ doesn’t actually make it a proper sentence. Though it should because, honestly, that one ‘lil word can convey a hella lotta emotion when pronounced with the right feeling. WHAT.EV.ER. Get what I mean?
Okay. Clearly tired Abby just took over there. Sorry.
(14 hours later…)
Okay, I managed to fall asleep around 4am, and woke up around 11am which quite frankly, isn’t all that terrible. I was hoping to be out (as in… asleep) by 2 but, um, obviously that didn’t happen. Oh well.
I considered starting this post from scratch, seeing as what I wrote this morning just after 1am is totally unnecessary and serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever… but I struggled piecing that shit together in the pitch-dark with my eyes burning and watering due to the obnoxious brightness of my laptop screen. So I’m leaving it, dammit.
Anyways! I returned home Saturday from a nearly two-week-long trip to the states… I hit up San Antonio, Laredo, Washington D.C. and Philadelphia whilst there. And, um, guys… I shot 32 rolls of film. Thirty-freaking-two! I may have gone (more than) a ‘lil crazy over there. No regrets. I cannot. wait. to see the photos.
I’m in the mood to record some life updates, so here we go:
- While in the US I picked up a few cute new little additions to my apartment decor! Pictured above, a new postcard for my ‘art wall’… it’s the one of the illustrated Alamo in San Antonio, Texas, on the left of the illustrated postcard from Barcelona and the ‘je dis rien’ photograph that I purchased at an exhibition a while back. I bought a super-cute postcard in Philly as well with the intention of sticking it up, too, but I didn’t pack it with enough care and it crumpled up in my backpack on my way home. Sad face. Also pictured: the most adorable crocheted cactus in the history of crocheted cacti (because that’s def a thing) that I just couldn’t resist buying. Money well spent. (to be fair, I was on vacation, okay?)
- As far as my plans for what remains of summer go… well, they’re kinda super-duper lame. I have to complete my school inscription forms, organize my English-teaching curriculum, put the final touches on my ’21’ book (I’ve been putting this off for a month now because… I… lazy AF), begin gathering the documents required for my visa renewal in November, and repair my reading glasses so they’ll be ready to gooo when school starts. Thrilling to-do list, amiright? Yah, no.
- But am I doing any of those things right now?! No! Of course not! Because this blog update (which I’ll admit is basically about nothing whatsoever) is so much more important, right?!
- Which leads me to my next point… When did I (of all people) become a procrastinator? Okay, to be entirely honest, my definition of ‘procrastinating’ pretty much means completing tasks 1-3 days before their deadline as opposed to 1-3 weeks in advance. Not so bad, right? For, um, anyone but me. Because seriously, it’s a slippery slope, innit? 1-day-pre-deadline could easily become day-of-deadline which could easily become 1-day-post-deadline. No??? Maybe I just need to calm down. (Sorry, I had to.)
- So, who else is fuh-reaking excited about the release of T-Swizzle’s new album next Friday? I, for one, am READY FOR IT. (Sorry, again… I had to.) Of the four tracks we’ve heard so far, I think Lover is my favorite, closely followed by ME! and then You Need to Calm Down. The Archer is nice, as well, but I must admit, I prefer the others.
- Now that I have actual free time (gasp!) I’ve slowly but surely been catching up on the various movies and shows which were released between the end of last year and the beginning of summer… I finished Plan Coeur (aka The Hookup Plan) just before my trip, and started Dead to Me, as well, which I’ve been loving so far. I’m totally looking forward to the final season of The Good Place beginning next month, and Ash and I will probs binge-watch the third season of 13 Reasons Why when it drops (I have very mixed feelings toward this show, we’ll see where it heads…). As far as films, I finally gave Isn’t it Romantic? a watch and you know what, it was very sweet. Of course, being the basic bitch that I am, I obviously have a thing for romantic comedies (and Liam Hemsworth…) so yeah. There was no way I wasn’t gonna be into it. Highly recommend.
- Speaking of Liam Hemsworth… his breakup with Miley may or may not have crushed my soul. Not to be dramatic or anything but IS LOVE EVEN REAL? Brb gotta go rewatch The Last Song and cry over a pint of ice cream nobigdeal.
- No, seriously.
- I’m gonna go do that.
- right now.
- This post is over.
- k bye.