lovely little things: photographs. thoughts. links. (featuring Mia’s Senior Portraits)
~ thoughts ~
- This past January, on New Year’s Day, I shot my seventeen-year-old cousin Mia’s senior portraits. I have very little experience (okay, okay… no experience whatsoever) with photographing people, and, to be entirely honest, am not wholly pleased with how these turned out. But… practice makes perfect, yes? I sure hope so.
- Hey! I’ve begun using Bloglovin to organize/read/follow/comment on my absolute favorite blogs. You can find Lace & Lilacs right… here!
- Ahhh, nothing in the
worlduniverse is sweeter than a sleeping shih-tzu puppy. Proof. (Say hi to Princess Mabel!)
- Several days ago I attempted to bake with yeast, as I mentioned I might in a previous post. Guess what, guess what? My (amateur) endeavor was totally successful. Yay, yay, yay! I may bake another bread recipe over the course of the next few weeks and photograph it for Lace & Lilacs. We shall see.
- Coconut oil is a baking ingredient that I simply love, love. (See here & here.) I intend to bake a batch of these lovely cookies as soon as possible.
~ links ~
- I heart this pretty-pretty cake. So much.
- Because, pink. (And, also, roses.)
- Oh my, yet another stunning cake. Ooh, with mango!
- This photograph. Wow. How insanely, incredibly inspiring.
- Cookie Cuteness. I completely adore this.
- OMG. Yes. (Arthur is my favorite.)
- Valentines Inspiration! Yay!
1. Raspberry Mousse Meringue Hearts via Handmade Charlotte
2. (Pink) Meringue Kisses via Honestly Yum
3. Rosemary & Honey Cake with Beet-Dyed Cream Cheese Icing via Butterlust
4. DIY Pink & Red Cheerios via Proper